First State Bank offers overdraft protection programs
benefit of our customers
No one likes to bounce a check or have an electronic payment denied. For the occasional emergency or accounting error, we offer overdraft protection programs to help give you peace of mind.
Overdraft Privilege Service
Overdraft Protection Sweep
- Designed to help prevent returned checks on your personal checking account
- Certain criteria must be met prior to this service being extended. Call your local banking center for more information
- We will consider, without obligation on our part, payment of your reasonable overdrafts up to your assigned Overdraft Privilege Limit, including overdraft fees.
- We reserve the right to demand payment immediately.
- Eligible transaction types include, without limitation: checks, ACH, ATM*, debit card transactions*, online banking bill payments and transfers, telephone banking transfers.
- Certain criteria must be met prior to this service being extended. First State Bank will consider, without obligation on our part, payment of your reasonable overdrafts up to your assigned Overdraft Privilege Limit, including our normal overdraft fees, if your eligible account has been open for at least thirty days and thereafter you maintain your account in good standing, which includes at least :(A) Continuing to make deposits consistent with your past practices, and depositing at least $300 or more in your account within each thirty day period, (B) You are not in default on any loan obligation to First State Bank & Trust Co., (C) You bring your account to a positive balance (not overdrawn) at least once every thirty days and (D) Your account is not the subject of any legal or administrative order or levy, such as bankruptcy or a tax lien.
- Sets your savings account as overdraft protection for your checking
- Transfers are made in $100 increments to cover overdrafts
- $5 fee per transfer
- No overdraft charges to your checking account if you have sufficient funds in your savings account
*As part of Federal Regulation E, customers must “opt-in” to receive this service on ATM and everyday debit card transactions.
Click here to download the Opt-In form